Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Student of the Month Story





Who: Jaye Richards
What: Won the Student of the Month for April
Where: James Bowie High School
When: April of 2016
Why: For being an outstanding student at bowie high school
How: 
Good grades and excelling in core classes

Freshman Jaye Richards was recently announced Student of the Month at Bowie High School by the Bowie administration for being an outstanding student and excelling in her classes.

"It feels amazing! It is an honor," Freshman Jaye Richards said after being questioned about her feelings towards being Student of the Month.

A small group of Jaye's friends were the first to know about Jayes achievement early in the morning when Jaye had gotten the news.

"I mean sure, we are proud of Jaye, but we don't really know how to react.  I guess all I can really say is congratulations Jaye," Freshman Nicole Smith said.

Jaye had considered helping other students in needs, by doing small tutoring groups.

"English is my strongest subject, so I think that be a good subject for me to tutor.  I would like to help people excel in English as well," Jaye said.

Jaye's mother was brought into questioning as well when Jaye had reported that she wished to thank her mother for motivating her.

"There was lots of yelling and crying that night, it wasn't that we were sad, we were extremely excited for Jaye and her achievement," Jaye's mother Monica Richards said.

Jaye had mentioned that her strongest subject was English and many people were able to back her up on her word.

"Jaye is the top student in all my classes! She has the highest grades and nearly scores hundreds on all her exams," English Teacher Rebecca Black said.

Jaye mentions that she is excels in World Geography as well, but may not consider tutoring that subject because English is her better subject. 

"Both English and World Geography are the subject I excel at, but it shouldn't be hard to excel in World Geography," said Jaye

Jaye was asked if she thought that skipping would effect her grades, we also had wondered if she had ever skipped before that wasn't an excused absent.

"I have never skipped, but if I were to skip it would be for a good reason so I would think that it is a positive affect," said Jaye.

The next Student of the Month will be announced in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment